No announcement yet.

internet traffic controlling tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That doesn't work, because the router is connected to the network card. It's not a dial-up connection.

Comment

Hello KaiFront,

just in case you're interested: I wrote the tech support of DU about this issue, and here is their response: "The current version cannot separate the two types of traffic, it will only report what is processed through the network interface. We have a new version coming out later this year which will differentiate by IP address, which will effectively filter out the LAN from Internet. It's still in development, so we don't have a firmer release date as yet."

Comment

I would like something like this too. Something like a bandwidth throttling / latency increase tool. So that you can see how things like webpages perform on a local network but simulated at 56k modem speeds.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback chaoliang.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Found something

FYI

Comment

The two other tools that I have tested since this month, NetLimiter and NET Traffic Meter are both OK for monitoring network traffics. NetLimiter can show LAN and Internet traffic statistics separately, but does not have alert function. NET Traffic Meter can be set up to monitor certain ports and it's free.

Comment

Working...
              X