Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site help: jscalendar and IE

Hello,

I'm trying to incorporate this calendar (in popup) in my website.

To build the website, I'm using Typo3 and WOS to build it offline

(Apache 2.0.55, MySQL 4.1.15, PHP 4.4.1/PHP 5.0.5, PhpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl4, Typo 3.8.1 and ImageMagick 4.2.9)

To include this calendar, I followed the manual

and added
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">@import url(calendar-win2k-1.css);</style>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="calendar.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="lang/calendar-en.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="calendar-setup.js"></script>
    as well as include a button (I want a popup calendar)

The calendar works perfectly in FireFox, but it doesn't seem to find its css stylesheet in Internet Explorer. The calendar pops up, but in the wrong place and it only uses text (no graphics). It looks like this in FireFox if I omit the css stylesheet.

Any suggestions on how I can start troubleshooting this?
    (both use the same page, thus the same path references)

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I've never used the 'import' thingy for getting stylesheets. Does it work if you just use the standard syntax?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="calendar-win2k-1.css" />

From what I understand is that the @import url('...') will be ignored by Netscape 4 and other old-ass browsers. That is the main reason to use it on a page.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Yep, it is the exact same problem...

The calendar should work with IE (it does when you visit their site with it). Could it have to do with the fact that it is running locally (localhost) without internet access? (would suprise me though)

Any other thoughts?

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Oh, doesn't IE have some javascript debugging or at least error reporting? See if some errors are stopping IE from loading the stylesheet.

Geez I really have no idea without spending hours futzing around like I always end up doing with CSS. I love being able to use CSS but all the f'in browser issues make it one of the most frustrating things to do.

If you can't seem to get it to work and don't mind using PHP, you can make your own calendar using this: http://keithdevens.com/software/php_calendar
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Well, in the status line there appears an icon in the event of an error. However, the icon does not appear for this site, so (as as far as I know) I can't debug it.

I doubt this has anything to do with the site still running on a localhost (I'm running apache/php/...)?

I might have an idea: the page is generated from the content management system Typo3 and makes extensive use of CSS.
          Perhaps the order in which some stylesheets (and other stuff) are loaded makes a difference? It is very hard to determine the final position of a line one adds in the include sections, but I'll try to move it around a little...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

The latest stylesheets takes precedent over those before it, but only for those elements (and even only for the attributes of those elements) that it describes.
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'll try moving the stylesheet as much down as I can.
              (but it still would leave the question as to why it works on FireFox and not on IE)

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X