Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Zog
    How's your RAM?
    The RAM is registered ECC, checking is enabled in the BIOS, the machine is a dual xeon.
    I ran memtest and it yields no errors. Personally, I would be suprised he it were hardware related.

Jammrock:
    I'll get the drivers tomorrow. ATM the network is bluetooth. (works the other way round)

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 21 February 2006, 14:49.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

RAM seems pretty likely...

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well, the computer passes subsequent memtests, and the bios has no memory timing settings (it is a server board: not overclockable). On the blue screen it is suggested to turn of shadowing, so I'll try that. Also, I'll get the latest drivers for videocard (apparently there is an update) and mainboard.

If the NIC drivers are to blame, I can't really change them, as I'm currently using a bluetooth network (while waiting for wifi stuff to arrive) with the latest drivers. I could try a crosswire cable to see if it will bluescreen then.

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Installing the latest Matrox drivers and the latest mainboard drivers solved the issue.

When I tried with the bluetooth network, it disconnected the network. But in a way this makes sense: the PC returns to the logon screen, but bluetooth networking is only possible when a user is logged on. I tried the same with a crosswire cable, and it works!

Thanks!

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
            Installing the latest Matrox drivers and the latest mainboard drivers solved the issue.

When I tried with the bluetooth network, it disconnected the network. But in a way this makes sense: the PC returns to the logon screen, but bluetooth networking is only possible when a user is logged on. I tried the same with a crosswire cable, and it works!

Thanks!

Jörg
            w00t! Most remote control issues are due to video card drivers. The other suggestion I would have is corruption on the HDD, but since it's working now, no need.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I posted the question on the Matrox forum. They also suggested switching off Matrox specific settings (regarding maximizing/opening applications in specific monitors, centering dialog boxes, ...). So when reinstalling the drivers, I chose to leave these features turned off.

Guess I can't tell if it would have worked with the previous drivers, but without those things set...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X