Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A way to use HP930C inkjet without colour catridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jammrock
    Most modern consumer printer will not allow you to print unless all cartidges are present and has ink. How do you think they make money off selling a printer for under $100? It's the Gillette theory (which is used in the console gaming world). Sell the razor at a loss and make all the profit off the blade refills.
    That's the nice thing about Canon. The cartridges are fairly cheap, and each color is independent, so you only have to replace what you need to.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

See that's what is frustrating about my Epson. The colors are independent and I only need replace the ones I need, but I can't forgoe having them present or empty (if I'm not mistaken).
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

There are chip resetters for Epson. Brother (yes, they do make inkjets) cartridges are completely chipless.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
          My d135 would not print anything with an empty color cartridge installed.
          HP930C does print with empty colour cartridge (this one, AFAIK, has done so for the past 3 years). But it wants it to be present and healthy apparently...

Comment

Working...
          X