SVS 2 as a free download for home users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVS 2 as a free download for home users

Ever wanted to test a software without having to worry that it'l eat your registry?

Altiris Software Virtualization Solution (SVS) is a new way to use software. By placing applications and data into managed units called Virtual Software Packages (VSP's), SVS allows you to instantly activate, deactivate, or reset applications and to completely avoid conflicts between applications, without altering the base Windows installation. Say goodbye to "DLL Hell" and "Registry Rot". Getting apps and data into VSP's is simple with an included tool. This version is the same as the regular commercial product shipped by Altiris, minus the server-side components for centralized management.
    Download
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Or working around timed demos?

Comment

I'm thinking about doing the same with VPC/VMWare...

Comment

Very useful software!
        Thanks!

One of the big plusses is that you can switch off the software that is virtualized, and it effectively shuts down all processes. (some softwares have trayicons that always remain and that have no shutdown option)

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
        Or working around timed demos?
        Just out of curiosity, I tried it, but I don't think it provides for an easy workaround. The only thing it seems to permit is to install timed software again, without the software knowing it had been installed before.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X