Dell Axim PocketPC cheap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wombat
    I'm having trouble with the site, but I think I see why it doesn't work. If you click on the details for the $201 off, it says

The $201 dollars off is for the $499 model...not much a deal
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

So what is a good deal?
      I was hoping that the $201 would be taken off the already discounted model.
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Just got a refurb on ebay for £175

Now I need to know what satnav kit to get, and a new phone in a hurry.

Any recs please?
        FT.

Comment

look for a bluetooth one with a SiRF III chipset. ebay sells loads, can't help you with specific models, but i would look for one that takes your PocketPC charger. If you could find one, a docking cradle with inbuilt GPRS and charger would be cool, although you'd only be able to use it in the car. The main advantage of SiRF III is that it can be used indoors.
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

As for a phone, are you looking for a contract deal?

I bought a Nokia N80 today with 650 all inclusive mins and 1100 texts for £30. This offer is on Orange's website now. The only drawback is that it is a 18month contract.

Comment

SiRF III doesn't work in all buildings. It works at home but in any big office building with lots of concrete it won't get a signal.
              I have the OnCourse BT-339.

Here are some BT receivers

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying. I missed your replies and had a busy weekend.

Why go BT over, say CF?

Dell do a cable version http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...dhs1&sku=44603 that uses NavTeq s/w and covers all of Europe for <£100. They also sell a BT TomTom, which is £225 and only UK. I go to Spain up to 4 times a year and it would be handy for that.

As to a phone I don't want a contract as I spend very little on calls. Went out and bought a 2nd hand K608i (on Three) on Saturday which so far seem much more reliable than the old 8110. I paid £75 which is about the same as ebay prices, but it was mislabelled as a K700i so I was mis-sold and could take it back if there was a good reason to.
                Last edited by Fat Tone; 13 June 2006, 04:31.
                FT.

Comment

Unfortunately, CF is on the way out for PDA's... Only the existing high end models have it, none of the latest Siemens PDAs have it.

So while there are downsides to a BT GPS receiver (seperate battery, second device), there are upsides as well (possible to position better, broader compatibility). What I think is also getting more popular are the devices with an integrated GPS (like the Siemens N-series).

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Don't buy Dells Package...........It's way overpriced for what you get and you have to buy the Navteq Upgrades.

The most popular software is iGuidance and you should be able to find a package deal with GPS Receiver at a better price.
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                    X