Disadvantages of smaller notebooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
    If you have enough system memory the shared memory required for integrated graphics chips is really not as much a performance hit as most people like to go on about. Neither is the performance in general as horrid as it used to be. In fact, you can use Photoshop reasonably well on most. Games, of course, tend to be a different story given what graphics features they attempt to make use of.
    I'm sure most people eyeing a small notebook aren't really looking for a machine to play even remotely graphics intensive games. I'm sure minesweeper and freecell will handle fine
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

How about a 13" widescreen macbook? It isn't even expensive.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
        How about a 13" widescreen macbook? It isn't even expensive.
        I thought about it seriously before it was released. There is report that the touch pad area turns orange after three weeks' usage. And there are still issues unsolved with Windows-compatability, even with the new version of BootCamp.

Comment

Working...
        X