X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point Greebe

------------------
    aka Chris H

Abit BE6, Celeron 300A@450MHz, 128MB PC100 RAM, G400 32MB DH, SBLive! Value, IBM 22GB ATA/66 HDD, and so on...

Comment

Assassin, I am considering a Viewsonic monitor (17 inch). Is yours an aperture grill or a shadow mask? I am concerned about seeing AG lines in my display.

Comment

Buuri,

If money is tight give the 17" Nokia xiplus from buycomp.com for 239.99 (US) a look. My son bought one a few months ago and everyone that saw it has been impressed with the specs and picture. Four of our friends/relatives have also now purchased this monitor. It beats my Sony for picture quality and color vibrance and I would purchase one if it would fit in my computer cabinet. Some stores are still asking 450.00 to 550.00 for it and I couldn't believe Buycomp has it for 239.99. We have had Proview and Viewsonic monitors which I like but the Nokia is much better for the same price.
        Good Hunting

Comment

Congratz on your first post.
          As I'm finnish, I know of Nokia monitors..
          We are using them at work too - they are quite fine. But since they are somewhat expensive here in Finland, I think I'm going with Pertti's suggestion.

_
          B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 09-10-1999).]

Comment

Also 17" XiPlus is an US model. They only sell 15" XiPlus in Europe.

_
            B

Comment

Strider,
              the PS790 is a trinitron (aperature grill)
              and unless you're incredibly anal
              or have super eyesight you really can't see the two wires holding the grill in place, in fact, you can barely see them in a blank Word doc.
              Generally, it's a great monitor, for a fairly cheap price, and it takes up less space, as far as depth goes, than my old Dell 15".
              PII SL2W8 @ 450, 128 MB, 8.4 GB, Creative 5X Encore, SB Live, G200 8 MB, too poor to afford G400
              Assassin

Comment

Working...
              X