LiteON 20x DVD-everything + LightScribe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjolley View Post

If I use a 4x blank and burn at 4x the video always has skips in it. 4x!?

Not to my experience.

I’m still using my 4X Pioneer DVD-R burner and thru all these years, the only skips I saw were media related.

I’m using Fiji silver top media (single boxed blanks Made in Japan, not on the spindle) for the most part & it’s 99% skip free experience.

Once I tried to use Maxell Ink Jet printable blanks, those were like 95% skipping…… .

Whole spindle of those is collecting the dust on the shelf.
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Few tests, chronologically from the latest:

ASUS DRW-1814BLT
      Fastest DVD-RAM burning. Average/good in reading everything. Good in audio extraction speed (though doesn't defeat all protection schemes). Very good error correction. Low speed of burning CDs with tragic quality for CD-R (but excellent cd overburning capabilities...). Low speed of DVD-R burning and bad quality. Good DVD+R speed with varied quality. Very quiet. Firmware updates are often and each makes overall situation slightly better.
      3 out of 5.

OptiArc AD-7173S
      Avoid.

LG GSA-H12N
      Average drive. Good/average in reading speed of everything. Fast in audio extraction, but weak with error correction during it. Doesn't defeat all audio protection schemes and most games protection schemes. Good times of burning everything except CD-R and DVD-R DL. Weak CD burn quality, good overall DVD burn quality, strangely mostly on budget brands (Esperanza, Bulkpaq, Platinum), on name brands average (even bad with DVD+R Verbatim)
      3 out of 5.

Comment

I'd love to replace the POS i have in my laptop...
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
        X