No announcement yet.

$180 per 300g holodisk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External USB2 HDDs and automated backups at night (HDDs on a timer switch). These are also easy to rescue in case of a fire etc, if the data is that important.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey View Post
      Tape really isn't an option price wise for personal use....
      Yes and No, if you look on the clearance pages of online resellers you can sometimes pickup a bargain. Like an Ultrium 2 200/400Gb drive for £280 which a mate of mine has just bought

...and it seems to get the space needed to backup today's hard drives you have to use a hard drive.
      The highest capacity tape drive is 800/1600Gb, (SLT S4), which should cover all but the most extreme home system Unfortunately your back to your first point about cost then
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
        You plan on dunking it in the tub?
        See, you give examples yourself (floods)

Comment

Only "system killer" I've seen was a 3 year old (Erik) who stuck a screwdriver in the P/S.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Having just survived a fire that could have been a lot worse my desire for a good backup solution has increased a great deal. Having a tape or a drive that is no where near my location would be useful.
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
            X