Vist questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGhost View Post
    and yup, as you figured out the Parhelia will not run Aero.

Correction. It will run Aero but not Aero Glass.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by LvR View Post
      Try Autopatcher ..................... my experience with Autopatcher for XP has so far been very good.
      Oops, forgot about that one... But apparently, they are having no luck with Vista... (judging by the lack of Vista download and some threads on the forum)

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
      Correction. It will run Aero but not Aero Glass.
      Weird... on my Parhelia, I cannot enable the taskbar thumbnails (option in greyed out) or see thumbnails on Windows flip (alt+tab); even though the above link seems to present this as an Aero feature independent from the Glass.

edit: found this: Windows Help, check the second question. The requirement for Aero according to this is:
      Aero also requires a DirectX 9 class graphics processor that supports a Windows Display Driver Model Driver, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, and 32 bits per pixel.
      (I have updated my score after installing the drivers, not doing this could also lead to loss of features)

Jörg
      Last edited by VJ; 3 May 2007, 01:45.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        @Technoid: Anyway to change this behaviour?
        Format c: and then install XP
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
          Oops, forgot about that one... But apparently, they are having no luck with Vista... (judging by the lack of Vista download and some threads on the forum)

Weird... on my Parhelia, I cannot enable the taskbar thumbnails (option in greyed out) or see thumbnails on Windows flip (alt+tab); even though the above link seems to present this as an Aero feature independent from the Glass.

edit: found this: Windows Help, check the second question. The requirement for Aero according to this is:

(I have updated my score after installing the drivers, not doing this could also lead to loss of features)

Jörg
          You can force on SOME of the glass features but not all of them. For the really snazzy stuff you, unfortunately, need a WDDM driver which you'll likely never get for the P. Sorry.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
            You can force on SOME of the glass features but not all of them. For the really snazzy stuff you, unfortunately, need a WDDM driver which you'll likely never get for the P. Sorry.
            Which features can you force on? And how?
            (I just would like the flip interface (not flip3D) and the thumbnails)

Oh, I also found the second GMT setting, it is the zone for Reykjavik (no GMT offset, no DST).

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
            X