No announcement yet.

I'm so sick of this. F$*K Asus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried to reset the bios by removing the battery (after cutting power) ? I found it to yield better results on resetting the bios with that particular motherboard. I had both the A8R-MVP and deluxe and actually the deluxe was the one that caused me pain. The deluxe model somehow didn't overclock that much ( fsb wise) and had RAID detection problems. Anyway, that's about the only problems I had.

If you manage to get it working maybe some older bios could work better, I used 0402 and could keep a X2 3800+ at 292*9 fsb, 4x HTT.

Comment

I'd say the boards dead. RMA or chuck out after salvaging heatsinks etc...

You might want to check the Northbridge heatsink, one of my older ASUS NF2 boards had a big bubblein the paste, in the middle, and the chipset wasn't being cooled very well at all...
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
        Have you tried to reset the bios by removing the battery (after cutting power) ? I found it to yield better results on resetting the bios with that particular motherboard. I had both the A8R-MVP and deluxe and actually the deluxe was the one that caused me pain. The deluxe model somehow didn't overclock that much ( fsb wise) and had RAID detection problems. Anyway, that's about the only problems I had.

If you manage to get it working maybe some older bios could work better, I used 0402 and could keep a X2 3800+ at 292*9 fsb, 4x HTT.

Yup, I reset the BIOS via the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
          I'd say the boards dead. RMA or chuck out after salvaging heatsinks etc...

You might want to check the Northbridge heatsink, one of my older ASUS NF2 boards had a big bubblein the paste, in the middle, and the chipset wasn't being cooled very well at all...

A cooling issue would lead to instability. This just won't plain turn on.

I'm RMA'ing it. :/

Comment

Working...
          X