X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Catalyst 7.5

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

New features:

# DirectX 10 driver support for the Radeonâ„¢ HD 2900 XT (single card and CrossFireâ„¢ configurations) for Windows Vista
    # Second Generation ATI Theaterâ„¢ 650
    Performance Improvements

OpenGL performance is improved on the ATI Radeonâ„¢ X1950 XTX at high resolutions (1920x1200 or greater) with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled. Doom 3 and Quake 4 improves as much as 13-18%, and Prey improves at least 15.6%. The ATI Radeonâ„¢ X1950 Pro and X1650 XT also sees improvements in Doom 3 and Quake 4 of up to 14.1% at higher resolutions with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled.
    .... and lots of resolved issues, too lazy to post them here ... the link is on the download site ...
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

doesnt it come with Steam now or sumthin?
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

A cynic might say stay clear of these as they might be very rushed...we are in month 6 now!
      FT.

Comment

People reporting problems with these seems 50/50. I suggest you keep clear.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

...just got done upgrading from the original drivers from when i put this thing together(7.2)...i can't run the control center now...i even followed the uninstall procedure.

everything else seems ok though...i had to reposition my icons though

cc

Comment

...uninstalled the 7.5 package(...this time i did not follow the uninstall directions)...i did it my way then installed the 7.3 drivers...all is well now

cc

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky Cheese View Post
              ...just got done upgrading from the original drivers from when i put this thing together(7.2)...i can't run the control center now...i even followed the uninstall procedure.

everything else seems ok though...i had to reposition my icons though

cc
              yeah, same here. Installed the drivers after a fresh windows install on the game machine and can't run ccc as well ... guess i'll go back to 7.4

R.
              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working fine for me although I only play one game, WoW.

Rig, Vista and 1950Pro

Comment

Hmm.. actually suddenly i can use the Catalyst control center again.. Its been missing since 7.2 Great!

JD
                  Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

There's already been one hotfix released for 7.5 ... don't remember the last time that happened.
                    FT.

Comment

If you install those drivers from a new and clean Windows install you probobly have not installed MS .NET 2.0
                      Without .net 2 CCC will not load.
                      Installing .net 2 after CCC wont work either.
                      try uninstalling the driver,then install .net 2,after that reinstall drivers and CCC.
                      I had the same problem btw.
                      ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Working...
                      X