HTPC Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTPC Case

i decided to move my old pc(..mb et al.) into a new case...a htpc case to make it more "entertainment friendly"...so i ordered a Silverstone Lascala LC18 in black, and i ordered the rack mount kit(..for the future)

does anybody have any experience with this case?

cc

No but I hear Silverstone has THE best build quality. Bar none. Not even LianLi.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I've got an LC-11BM. Its built like, and weighs as much as, a tank!

I'm selling it shortly because the low form factor causes too many problems. I wish I had gone for a standard desktop case (I have the height in my cabinet). Also the 300W PSU doesn't cut the mustard anymore.
      FT.

Comment

No but I hear Silverstone has THE best build quality. Bar none. Not even LianLi.
        ...and i guess that that is what pulled me in...because i read that in more than one review ...any ways, i should be getting it friday...then i'll morph my old pc...with some upgrades as desired(...disk and burner)

cc

Comment

well it is morphed...yeah!!

that was by far the most detailed assembly i have had to do...because of space constraints, but i am happy to report that the build quality of the case is great!
          the upgrades that were neccessary were the video card and the hdds...i kept the pata dvd burners.

HTPC Configuration :

Case - Silverstone Lascala LC18(..black) /w 7" LCD Display
          Antec TruePower 550 Watt Ps
          Intel D875 PBZ Motherboard
          Intel P4 Extreme Ed. @ 3.2Ghz. /w Zalman CNPS7000A
          Memory - 2048 GB Corsair XMS
          Keyboard - Microsoft MCE Remote Keyboard
          Video - Radeon x1300 Pro(..agp 8x)
          Sound - Creative X-Fi Elite Pro(..w/ext I/O Module)
          DVD - Plextor PX-708A (x 2)
          HDD - Boot:WD Raptor 150GB - Storeage:Seagate 750GB
          TV Tuner - ATI TV Wonder 650
          USB/1394 - Adaptec Duo-connect AUA 3121

i'll be installing the os as soon as i get back from the out of state training that i am scheduled for in baltimore on our new Sortec(..italian company) computers.

cc
          Last edited by Chucky Cheese; 21 July 2007, 04:04. Reason: Configuration Update

Comment

I've had a Silverstone HTPC case for over three years now. I also installed a Silverstone PS into it. It's been good to me. A buddy broke off a door latch pin while yanking out a HDD when we first built it. Silverstone sent me out a replacement pin without charge. The guys who started Silverstone came from ThermalTake.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam View Post
              The guys who started Silverstone came from ThermalTake.
              I just read recently that is was CoolerMaster guys - got me wondering now.
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by Pace View Post
                I just read recently that is was CoolerMaster guys - got me wondering now.
                Yep, that's right. Thanks for the correction. Couldn't quite remember which it was but just verified that it was indeed CoolerMaster. Mind you this was over three years ago that I read that.
                Last edited by xortam; 22 July 2007, 20:34.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                X