HP C6180 & WIndows XP Installer Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP C6180 & WIndows XP Installer Issue

So I bought the HP C6180 and off course HP puts loads of shadowy stuff on my PC. Fine. But at some point it says:
    "Please wait while WIndows configures HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 - Photosmart Cameras".

Donnow why, did not buy a camera....we have had a 235 of somesuch for years now.

The thing is, it prompts me because:

"The feature you are trying to use [sick] is on a CD-Rom or other removable disk that is not available"

And it needs a file "HP Photo and Imaging 2.0 -~.msi".

When I try to cancel out I get an Error 1706 (I think this is a Windows Installer error number) and it says that the Windows Installer cannot continue.

This is fine; it has installed what I actually want and more already.

Trouble is, the Installer keeps coming back to haunt me. It is an unrelenting ghost. Reboot etc. does not help.

HOW TF#$%@%#$ DO I STOP THIS?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Uninstall from add remove programs.

If that doesn't work, pop in CD-ROM, choose autoplay and choose uninstall.

Go to hp site and download basic drivers.

You won't get fancy HP toolbox but you don't need one either.

Comment

Thanks but no, none of that actually works...

What did work in stopping the Windows Installer to start over and over was a nice little program called Windows Install Clean Up.

As HP Chat over here is only Mo-Fr 8-17 I decided to try HP Chat at hp.com. It seems they are open 24/7 and they did in fact, although it took somewhat longer than it had to, help me out. Not to shabby that HP support, not to shabby at all.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
      X