Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wpa2 key issues (I think)

Hello,

I recently upgrade my Windows Mobile phone to WM6. Since then, I can no longer connect to my network at home. The network has a hidden ssid, uses wpa2-psk with aes.

I wonder if there are minimum requirements for a wpa2 shared key; currently it is 8 characters (all a-z). I can get the wm6 device to start attempting a connection, but it fails. I have no clue on how to start debugging this...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Originally posted by VJ View Post
    Hello,

I recently upgrade my Windows Mobile phone to WM6. Since then, I can no longer connect to my network at home. The network has a hidden ssid, uses wpa2-psk with aes.

I wonder if there are minimum requirements for a wpa2 shared key; currently it is 8 characters (all a-z). I can get the wm6 device to start attempting a connection, but it fails. I have no clue on how to start debugging this...

Jörg

While I don't know about your phone... I have discovered in the course of troubleshooting many wireless devices that WPA, especially WPA2, is a real crapshoot.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Werid...if I set the IP address (+ subnet + gateway + dns + ...) manualy, it works. So it is not getting an ip adres.
      When I choose to get an ip address from DHCP, there is a read only ip address box. Oddly, this shows a number composed of 4 groups of 4 hex values. Could it be expecting to get an IPv6 address?

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

I fooled around with it some more, and now it appears to work...

The joys of (wireless) networking...
        pixar

Comment

I think I found the issue: I also had the profile of an adhoc network. Apparently, this adhoc network uses IPv6, causing the network card to only allow IPv6 adresses. As my wifi is IPv4, the wm6 device never gets an IP number.

Removing the adhoc profile made it work.

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X