No announcement yet.

Opinions on rebuilding a PC now/soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm just hoping for some post-Christmas sales/inventory.

Still feeling out what this thing can do, too. It seems the RAM won't do 1333MHz even with upped voltage and relaxed timings, but I've got the CPU at 9x333MHz right now, seems fine. The voltages are up a little bit, I'll probably see how much I can bring them back down, and/or push the CPU harder.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You could easily hit 8x400 with no change in voltage. well, most likely no change. You can definitely go higher with some tweaking.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat View Post
        Definitely going to have to replace the video card. Hopefully the 8800 GT prices will come down after Christmas.
        Yeah the 8800GT is definitely the best choice right now. (Or 3870 in xfire)
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
        X