No announcement yet.

Recurrent data corruption.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers. I'll carry that motion forward...

anyone got a glove?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Thanks everyone. Done all of those things, so I'm now lying in a pile of discarded cables, video cards, suspect drivers and the rest. By process of elimination, the finger of suspicion is now pointing to the NF3-250 chipset, and both Asrock and Nvidia are strangely quiet on the subject of vista support. Vista now refuses to install, despite stripping down to a bare bones system and supplying it with nominated GART drivers at installation. It's a different error each time, but most commonly a stop 8E at the hardware probe stage. Although it has installed before, with a LOT of perseverence, so perhaps I'm just not chanting the right incantations for the phase of the moon and wind direction (currently a northerly force eight coming straight off the Moray Firth). Having just acquired a new AGP card, I don't really want to have to get another AGP motherboard. Perhaps I should just throw in the towel and be content with XP and/or Ubuntu, which I know will work, and will probably work better than vista ever will?

Comment

Now we know where Patrick gets his lyricism from. Welcome, Paddy Senior

My advice: Save yourself a lot of heartache and stick with XP if you know it will work on that machine. I've yet to see a GOOD reason to switch.

I've had esoteric problems with Asrock boards before. Perhaps that goes along with being cheap.
        FT.

Comment

Working...
        X