Opera 9.5 released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
    Ok how do I put the address bar above the tab bar?
    Right click on any bar, customize. Then activate the Main Bar (or Personal Bar), drag address field there. Disable Address Bar, if you want to. Customize Main Bar (or Personal Bar) to your liking.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
      Right click on any bar, customize. Then activate the Main Bar (or Personal Bar), drag address field there. Disable Address Bar, if you want to. Customize Main Bar (or Personal Bar) to your liking.
      Yes, actually I figured out that you can add just about anything to just about anything. I was merely expressing my surprise that you can't drag'n'drop.

Thanks, though!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

It's been like this for years, and for years you have complained about it

But that's OK, laziness is one of the biggest reasons I'm not switching to FF (the others being that Opera does more for me than FF, and does it quick and realiable, and that I know its few quirks).

Comment

Opera version 9.51 now available. and it.. *sigh* ... contains bug-fixes for like 10% of all crashing bugs present in 9.50 and an insignificant amount of bug-fixes for non-crashing bugs.

If Opera keeps up adding their attitude (adding new features instead of making current code-base less buggy), FF will catch up with opera by version 5 or something. They definitely need more debugging and bug fixing

Not that they haven't had this weird attitude towards their software for the past X years though... in fact, I offered to buy premium service for Opera to get my pet-peeve bugs in opera to their attention (read: bugs! not feature requests), and they declined. Am still waiting for their answer why I should buy premium support if not for getting response to bug reports.
          Last edited by dZeus; 2 July 2008, 12:10.

Comment

Opera 9.6 released. I guess that's the "proper" 9.5...

Comment

I'm always behind with upgrades. Opera checks only on startup, and it starts only after an OS reboot, and the OS only reboots if there are patches that demand that.

Damn, I'm spoilt

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                I'm always behind with upgrades. Opera checks only on startup, and it starts only after an OS reboot, and the OS only reboots if there are patches that demand that.

Damn, I'm spoilt
                About the same situation here, with the following additions:
                - only upgrades of most apps if there are security issues detected with installed versions, periodically scanned with Secunia PSI, which I wholeheartedly recommend (sorry Az, doesn't seem to be an OSX version around yet), and run with the following settings: disable program monitoring, enable 'show all programs' and run scan once or twice a week)
                - of some apps which show very buggy behaviour (like opera 9.5x), I regularly install newer builds.

And indeed, Opera 9.60 solved a lot of the bugs that I experienced in 9.5x and is what Opera 9.50 should have been. Still, Opera ASA could use quite a bit more personnel working on debugging their browser. Looking at the news items posted on their desktopteam blog the past few months, they might even have noticed themselves.

oh, and the setting named "remember content on visited pages" (in preferences -> advanced -> history) slows down Opera a lot, as it creates periods of disk access (3-5 seconds for some sites on my pc) during which opera doesn't respond to any user input (like changing tabs). Very annoying!
                Last edited by dZeus; 12 October 2008, 11:29.

Comment

Working...
                X