X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DELL 24-inch Widescreen for $299

They are getting cheaper and cheaper...

DELL E248WFP 24-inch Widescreen
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

That IS cheap but it's a TN panel.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Yeah, the E series are a very poor companion to the 240x range. There's much better to be had for the money.
      FT.

Comment

Agree with others. I've used one of those and they're terrible.

Comment

(checking prices here...arghh, the cheapest 24' is exactly two times more expensive here :/ )

I have enough of this

Comment

Ewwwwwwww TN panel

Comment

Now... if you get one of these monitors for basically free if you buy a Dell special.... it's better than nothing and the only time I can in good conscious recommend them. Of course you're likely to get a 17" or 19" in that instance.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I've just been sent details of this 24" TFT for £159.99!!!

Doesn't say what the panel type is but the specs seem fine.
                Last edited by Fat Tone; 16 October 2008, 10:34. Reason: Sorry, typo on the price
                FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post

I’ll bet you that even the worst 24 LCD panel can beat the HP P1230, 21” CTR monitor that came with my HP Workstation at work. The older P1100’s series were a bit better than this, considering they were crap too!

Anyway, on the radio they said that the recession will cut LCD prices in half here by the end of the year. Example: on average the 32” LCD TV cost around $750, should cost half of this at the end of the year.

I have the upper shelf BenQ 24" monitor with HDMI input and I'm very happy with it. It's sharp and the colors are perfect after calibrating it with Spider.
                  Last edited by ND66; 16 October 2008, 11:45.

Comment

ND66 - are the profit margins on TV's enough to allow for a price cut of 50%? Annoying if true but then the Wii is still the cost it was when released and they still have a hard time keeping it on shelves. If the demand calls for it that's the nature of the economy.

Well that and yields must be getting better constantly.

Comment

No, profit margins are not enough, however there is going to be an excess supply and so to get rid of the inventory buildup they have to drop prices or else the units end up becoming a greater liability by sitting in a warehouse as newer models come out and prices continue to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by rylan View Post
                        No, profit margins are not enough, however there is going to be an excess supply and so to get rid of the inventory buildup they have to drop prices or else the units end up becoming a greater liability by sitting in a warehouse as newer models come out and prices continue to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                          I've just been sent details of this 24" TFT for £159.99!!!

So are you going to buy one
                          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

@Clay: The Wii here is often above the RRP, and even more to the Wii Fit.

@Taz: No, I already have a 2407 and a cheap DGM 24" which has a really good panel in it. My wife has a 22" and my son has a 19". But if I were in the market I'd be looking closely.
                            FT.

Comment

I got a friend of mine to order one, so he can be the guinea pig
                              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X