Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphic apertures size to 256 ??????

Bonjour

what does it mean and what for in the setup of the bios?
    why not 64,128,256 etc ...

Merci
    Bonne fêtes de fin d'année 1999

The AGP aperture size tells the computer how much system memory can be used for graphics swapping. For example, if you have a 16 MB video card and play a game that uses 18 MB of texture information, the video card will store the extra texture information in system RAM and use it like a really slow video RAM.

The Aperature size has become a rather mute point since it is very rare that any game goes to system memory for texture swaps, because most video cards have more than enough RAM to handle any current game.

Set the Aperture size to 1/2 system RAM. If you have video troubles, set it to full RAM size. Some people set the Aperture size to 256 MB, even though they don't have that much RAM, to fix some bugs that have creeped up. So basically, it's not that important.

Jammrock

------------------
    PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Merci pour cette explication.

thank s and have an happy new year.

salutations

Comment

Some computers (Dell Gateway) require a 128-MB or 256-MB AGP aperture or they won't boot.

Comment

The Matrox release notes state you should set the AGP aperture size to 256mb, regardless of the amount of ram in your machine.

------------------
          This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

Thank's

Bonjour

i have 128 Mo pc100 Ram and if i don't fix agp apertures size to 256, when i try to look dvd i have an error write on disk c:
            i don'y know why ? i don't see between write error and agp at 256 with only 128 Mo Ram.

carte asustek p2b pii 400 (not overclock)
            ram 128 pc100
            win 98SE
            adaptec scsi card 2940 u2w
            two seagate scsi hard drive 4.3go
            pionner cd 32x scsi
            matrox marvel g400 TV pd 5.30
            nic card 3com 3c509
            soud blaster awe64
            dvd rom creative labs 5x first channel ide
            cdrw yamaha ide second channel ide

it seems fix a "bug"...... ????????????

if anyone has the same problem ??