Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA uses the most advancded technology ever.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jorden: yes, that sounds right to me. But as I posted above, one thing comes to my mind: if the hubble isn´t pressurized, there isn´t no air. So how they manage the heat? Unless that 486 is made of .13u silicon...

Comment

Heat pipes to control the temps. They have been working diamond as the substrate material because silicon dies @ ~300c and diamond can handle it to 500c! Also one of the reasons for just now upgrading to a 486 is because they aren't using a GUI based OS! The other 2 are rendundant.

Wombat, <q>"In case you haven't noticed, it's a real bitch to get up there and hit the reset button."</q>

They have a laser photo detector for a reset switch on the housing! Anyone up for target practice?!

cjolley, U mean core memory?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

yes
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

magnetic donut computers indeed!

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million-to-one", he said.

Comment

The 48SX only runs at 2 MHz, they need to upgrade to a GX at 4 MHz and 128kB memory... But don't let anyone know that it only has a 4 bit bus. :-)

Comment

Actually I found that Portugal has its own satellite in orbit (it was launched an year and half ago, I think - Posat is the name) and it has a i8088 on it Oh well, what could you expect...

Suddenly that 486 seems very hi-tech to me

Comment

I have a 486DX 100 sitting in my closet, with a motherboard, that they can have.

Paul
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't feel so bad about my 486SX at work.

Mark F.

------------------
                  OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                  and burped out a movie

Comment

Working...
                  X