No announcement yet.

CD R/W/RW - Stupid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we had a CD-RW here at work, I decided to download 3dMark2000 here, transfer it to the CD-RW and take it home to install. Unfortunately, my Toshiba 1212 DVD would not read the CD-RW. I looked in Adaptec's web site and found I needed a UDF reader. Here's what it said:

"UDF Reader for Windows

Adaptec's UDF Reader for Windows 95/98/NT enables some MultiRead CD-ROM drives to read UDF formatted CD-RW discs (such as those written with DirectCD) under Windows 95, 98 and 98 SE, Windows NT 4.0 SP3 or higher, and Mac OS.

DirectCD for Windows does not support reading DirectCD discs on CD-ROM drives, but only on CD recorders. So you do need the UDF Reader to read from a CD-ROM drive, even if you already have DirectCD installed on the same system."

I'm a bit surprised this has never come up in discussions of CD-RW's here. Anyways, here is where you get the UDF reader.
    http://www.adaptec.com/support/files/udfreaders.html .

It works and its just a small download.

RAB
    AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
    X