Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo2 SLI questions???

I need info!!!

1. I have borrowed an other Voodoo2 12mb from my friend, it's not the same manufactor. Mine is 12Mb too.

2. Will it work together? Do I need any special drivers? Can I do 1024x768 then? How much faster is it? Do I need any patches for my games (quake2/3 and so...)?

3. I have got a SBLive! Value, but it aint working when when I have 2 voodoo2's!! Conflict or something...

4. Are there any known problems with Voodoo2 SLI and games, Win98SE, DirectX?

5. Please Can You Guys help me?!?!??!

Thanks!

ps. nVidia=shit!
    Matrox=King Of The 3D!
    (both speed and quality!)

1. Use the reference drivers from 3Dfx and they will do SLI. Other drivers may or may not work.

2. They will do 1024x768 significantly faster than a single card does 800x600.

3. No patches are needed for Quake games. Use the latest patch for general principles.

4. There are no problems with Win98SE, any recent version of DX that I know of. Again, for general principles, use the most recent version of DX unless it causes you a problem.

5. The latest drivers for G400 contains Turbo GL which reportedly conflicts with V2 pass-though. I don't use a pass-through cable with my V2, so I don't know if there is a solution to this issue or not. Search the Matrox Hardware forum for discussion of this issue.

6. Make sure you have the linking cable to use SLI. It is a flat twisted cable about 2 or 3 inches long and connects the two V2 cards internally for SLI.

------------------
    600 MHz PIII @ 660 Mhz (2.05 V) w/Alpha P3-125 heatsink/fan, ABIT BE6-2, 128 MB Siemens PC100 SDRAM, G400 MAX, Diamond V2 SLI, CL SB Live with Sennheiser HD-600 headphones, Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, and Shure FP22 headphone amplifier, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WDE 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, Win98SE, in a modified Supermicro SC750A case with PCP&C Silencer 275W PS, and a partridge in a pear tree.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 05 January 2000).]

Comment

Thank You for the nice info, Brian R.!!

Will try to install it now!

One more thing;
      Do I need to install drivers for the both cards or only one? (i know it may sound like a dumb question, but I am new to these SLI system...)

[This message has been edited by Mr.Shadow2k (edited 05 January 2000).]

Comment

No, you only need to install the drivers once, I think. You probably need to fully uninstall the brand specific drivers for your v2, and install the 3dfx reference drivers. When the 2nd v2 is installed, it should detect that it uses the same drivers as the other v2.

Do you have the sli ribbon cable connecting the two v2's together? sli is not going to work without it.

The drivers should have one display properties page which tells whether or not SLI was detected.

v2's do not use IRQs. You may have IRQ conflicts, but it is not introduced by adding another v2. Do both v2's use the "reference" board layout design?

Comment

Working...
        X