Just wanna be sure about buying a SBLive X-Gamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanna be sure about buying a SBLive X-Gamer

Just wanna here if anyone out there has gotten AC3 Dolby Digital output through their SB Live X-Gamer or MP3 using the SP/DIF output found on that sound card. If it is impossible or problematic I will have to fork the dough for a SB Live! since I have no drive bay to accomodate the Live Drive.
    The poster formerly known as "ahardjan"

the xgamer has a real coax digital out. but it is in a 3.5 mini jack configureation.
    you can use a mini to rca converter.
    on the original sb live value you can make you own jack by connecting two wires to pin one and pin 2 of the internal digital conector. i have axgammer and klipsch speakers so i have not tryed this. but the live x gamer is live drive upgradeable so i asume that if some one with the full version will trace the wires back (for informatinal purposes. and let us know what pin is what on the newer cards we can build our own (higher grade live drives (or at least add digital in and out to the x gamer and mp3 cards.)(may be the same pin outs as on the old live value but i don't know.)

i supplyed the link that got me thinking about this below.
    http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/001058.html
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
    X