Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HHHHHEEELLLPPP! Aureal EXPERTS needed Diamond MonsterSound 2 weerd problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHHHHEEELLLPPP! Aureal EXPERTS needed Diamond MonsterSound 2 weerd problem..

Hi ! guys ,

Its time for me to ask for HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPM ! ..

Its about my new Diamond MONSTER SOUND 2 (vortex2) card , i changed from LIVE value ... (how stupid !) & now I have lots of problems , but the bigest is in Unreal Tour.

After playing for about hour maybe more the card goes crazy & produce some starng HIGH FREQ modulated AMBIENTAL sound all messed up wit music in background ..then my sys. FREEZZZ & I have to reboot ofcourse hard RESET nothing works any more.

So I reinstalled whole WIN98SE ( format c & NOTHING ,problem was still there but now after some crushings the card starts to make strange NOISE while booting too ...the DOS driver support was installed so I deinstall them & the card was "normal" again but the strange problem in UT still was there... so I returned this card & get a new one... NOW the card acts normal while booting with DOS drivers instaslled but in UT the problem apearse again only that this time the sys dosent crush so I can exit the game.I download the patch for UT & now my vers. is 402 ...but no help...ahh yes in sys try nothing unusual is running no tweek or other litle utills

I thought that maybe some overheeting could make this weerd problem but the sys temp is about 30 C , I even left the case open, NOTHING...Is this a general driver problem, I use that one shipped with the installation CD ver 1.20.02 I think & there is no new one on DIAMOND web site here is my IRQ list :

0 System timer
    1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
    2 Programmable interrupt controller
    3 Communications Port (COM2)
    4 Communications Port (COM3)
    5 Monster Sound II Sound Blaster Pro Emulation
    6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
    7 ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
    8 System CMOS/real time clock
    10 Monster Sound II PCI Audio
    10 Monster Sound II Multifunction Parent
    10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    11 Matrox Millennium G400 - English
    11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    12 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    12 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    13 Numeric data processor
    14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    14 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
    15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    15 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
    9 (free)

It looks normal to me so any HELP is BIG WEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLCOME!

Thanks !
    PLEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ : THIS IS MY SECOND CARD ...2 just cant be DEFECT !

------------------
    PIII450@504(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound II ,IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Well is everything okay until you run UT? If everything okay and stays okay until you run that prog it suggests something maybe wrong with that.
    Another thing have you tried clocking back to normal and see what happens.
    Not much help I know but I ain't got UT or a monster.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

yes, my fsb is 100 now but still no progress..but I dont think its a FSB problem seems to me more like Driver problem ...they ra 1 year old after all...but thanks for replaying..

------------------
      PIII450@504(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound II ,IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Well, if un-overclocking doesn't help, I would suggest getting a replacement for the MX300, since mine has NEVER done that (well ok, it's my wife's card now - just out of curiosity, why did you switch? I just switched TO an SBLive.) in the year+ that I've had it.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Universal fact #1: Diamond Multimedia sucks majorly with their drivers.

A SB-Live card is better than any Diamond card. I would suggest going back to it.

I've used an MX300 before. I did not use the drivers from the CD but the drivers that I had downloaded from Diamond's web page > 6 months ago. Diamond's page has gone to h#ll since the S3 merger, so I'm not sure where to point you. I had everything working OK even with UT. However, I would have to reboot my system much more frequently when the MX300 was installed vs. when my SB-Live was installed.

Comment

buuuuuuu ! Im changed because I am a BIG MORON ..I had the LIVE ! for about year or litle more & NEWER , NEWER had such many problems like now I was a bit courious about AUREAL 3D spacing but now I can just say AUREAL SUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKSSSSS LIKE HELL !...ok its a litle beter then EAX I mean 3D spaceing & stuff , but with so much problems this card is realy BED...

------------------

Comment

Well it's more like Diamond sucks not so much Aureal. I don't have UT.
              -First uninstall the sound cards.
              (fully -remove in DEVICE MANAGER /use the uninstall routine in CONTROL PANEL /Use any other uninstall program for the MX300/ even go into safe mode and make sure there is nothing in your registry left {if you are proficent} / Make sure there are no INF files left for it ) OR DO ANOTHER WIPE
              - download the latest drivers from AUREAL
              - Extract into a temp folder
              - Restart windows and let it find the card (that is whey it's SO VERY imporant to remove ALL traces from Diamond's install)
              - Point it to the new drivers.

Should run much better and use less CPU.
              Also if you don't NEED the DOS campatibility, diable it, for a faster and more stable system. You could REM the lines from AUTOEXEC.BAT and still use them when nessessary.

Good Luck,
              Mark F.

UPDATE -Just tried UT(test/demo) with a Monster Sound II, w/o problems

------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
              --------------------------------------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
              and burped out a movie

Comment

You're not using DIAMOND's drivers, are you?

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Use the Aureal drivers, you'll be a happier camper. They're big though.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

OK ! & what is the lates driver something like 2040 ?...I hawe them but when I install them some games want even run like Xwing ALLIANCE it throws me into WINDOWS when I want to start any mission & I have the latest patch for XWA...

thanks Mark F Ill try your method later..& about these drivers should I use 2040 or 2035 ??...& they hve not so nice looking EQ & MIXER ..but what a hell ...

------------------

Comment

No cool looking CD player or mixer with the AUREAL drivers, but they work well. The DIAMOND drivers are ANCIENT! Use the reference drivers. 20meg download, but is worth the trouble. I have installed 5 or 6 of the MX300 cards in customers systems, along with G200 and G400 cards, and had fewer problems than with the SB Live, so keep hammering on it.

Comment

THANKS to ALL of you for halping me with this problem..SPECIALY BIG THANKS to Mark F installing procedure ,I done it your way & it seems to work now, It sound GRAT, MUCH MUCH BETTER in any sens from MP3-s , CD-s & ofcourse UT..& wavetable is upgraded to 576 ..thats cool

I past thru 6-8 maps without any crushings or any strange noise..I just hope it stays this way ...Im much happyer now THANKS , THANKS, THANKS...you are GREAT guys...I LOVE THIS FORUM

------------------

Comment

I don't want anybody to get the wrong impression. Aureal has a great design on their hands. Arguably, A3D is superior to EAX. Aureal is doing the right thing now as they are beginning to make their own sound cards.

However, leave it to schmucks like Diamond Multimedia to ruin something so wonderful. Diamond sucks. I've been burned way too many times by them before.

I'm glad that things are going much better for you, Borg.

Comment

Looks like I missed most of the fun on this one. I've been using my MX300 with 2040 Aureal drivers with UT and no problems. Sounds like it's working for you now, so I'll just shut up and move on.....
                          Games Box
                          --------------
                          Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
                          ------
                          Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
                          -------------
                          Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Glad I could help.

I think the 576 voice setting offloads some to the CPU. There for useing more CPU overhead (and memory) instead of staying in hardware. Lowering it souldn't affect the sound much (if any), but will use less resources.

Mark F.

------------------
                            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                            --------------------------------------------------
                            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                            and burped out a movie

Comment

THANKS again , ewerythings fine now ..& it sound realy great but DIAMOND realy SUCKS I mean driver one year OLD... men ... so long reference drivers works from AUREAL I thnk it should be OK in future..but guys one is clear CREATIVE have much better support, drivers & utills then AUREAL or Diamond & EAX doesnt sounds SO BED , A3D sound better but the whole picture I get makes me beleve that LIVE! card is more stabile & sounds grat too so NO changing is needed from LIVE ! to Aureal like I did...so the show must go on ...Lets ROCK !...BOOOOM

LOL !

Thanks to all of you !

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X