Microsoft investigating 'screen of death'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft investigating 'screen of death'

Microsoft said on Monday that it is looking into reports that its latest security updates are causing some serious problems for certain users.

(CNET) -- Microsoft said on Monday that it is looking into reports that its latest security updates are causing some serious problems for certain users.

The problem has been dubbed the "black screen of death" because those affected are left with a black desktop and little else on their screen.

Here we go again!

I worked on a vista system with this issue. I ended up logging into Repair mode and renamed the C:\Windows\System32\Winevt folder and rebooting. Not a serious issue, but it does suck for people who don't have computer experts with good Google skills around.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Windows 7

I have't seen that but I cannot get the tab behaviour to work as configured on my 3 week old win 7 ue installation.

I've tried all the configurations and ie 8 still opens a new window instead of a new tab in the current window

Last edited by Chucky Cheese; 1 December 2009, 12:31.

Comment

Cause seems to be malware:
        BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

In past times, we would have laughed: "and we all know the name of the malware, and it starts with a W "...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X