Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.1GHz Athlon

Supposed to ship Q2. Ain't that nice
    http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/ne...434311,00.html http://www.amd.com/news/prodpr/20054.html

_
    B

Now where are those dual boards anyway?

_
    B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 08 February 2000).]

Comment

I like some of the specs on the chip, too:

.18 micron die
      Copper interconnects
      on-die L2 cache (no amount given)
      and no super-cooling needed!

I'll take 2!

Jammrock

------------------
      PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Oh man, i think it's a SETI turbo! must have one!

Mega

------------------
        K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
        G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on
        K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
        G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on

Comment

I just want to emhasize my lust for on-die cache!

Any product with on die cache gets a bonus in my purchasing decision.

My work computer is a dual PPro 200/256K, and it works like a charm. That's right, only 200MHz processors, but it is really nice to use.

I chose a celery over a PIII or the Katmai PIII, because it has on-die. That and 1/5 the price.

But then came Coppermine. 256K on-die. You could actually run NT on that!

You can't see it, but I'm drooling over the athlon w/ on-die.

There was a time AMD was touting that they would put up to 8MB on-die! I wonder if they could even afford to fab that, much less sell it.

I will say this, an Athlon with 256, 512 or (dream on) 1M, but not at Xeon's inflated prices would be absolutely perfect.

And yes, VIA, please include multi-processor support. After all, doesn't the Pro133A have this?
          System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Hey, here is a thought,
            Is it possible that VIA waited on the SMP for athlon since,
            A. they were late already,
            B. they'll have to redesign the cache controller for the thunderbird core anyway?

System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

And can I put it in my Gigabyte GA-7IX and run it (ok ok, I will tolerate the need for a bios update )

If so, AMD I´m all yours.
              If not, I think they are learning something with Intel.

Comment

Working...
              X