No announcement yet.

First week of renovations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see.... Of course, the seller may not be aware that you have fixed this so you might approach the seller saying that you became aware of this letter and ask whether they would be interested to pay you to assume responsibility as otherwise this might get back to the seller whenever through whomever then is owner of the property.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
      I see.... Of course, the seller may not be aware that you have fixed this so you might approach the seller saying that you became aware of this letter and ask whether they would be interested to pay you to assume responsibility as otherwise this might get back to the seller whenever through whomever then is owner of the property.
      I see what you are getting at... but I think this might be getting close to fraud... As the water needed to be closed off in the building, there is a full written log on when it was done. So suggesting taking over the responsibility after this date somehow seems fishy...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It need not be fraud, you don;t have to lie, just not disclose all that might be relevant. If the seller asks then, well, you're ploy will fall apart. Anyway, probably best to leave it be and move on.

It still sounds fishy to me but it may not be worth the hassle.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

It also sounds fishy to me, but given that the responsibility was never transferred to me, there is no sense in complaining or pursuing something; as you say: more hassle than it is worth.
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
          X