A moment of silence please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A moment of silence please...

My ancient 19" CRT monitor passed away last night. I have been using it as a secondary monitor for about five years, when I bought my LCD. Last night the vertical hold started going out, then the monitor started smoking and that burning electronics smell filled the office.

And so I pulled the plug on the monitor one last time and, after 14 years of service, have retired it. This was the oldest piece of electronics I have ever owned.

Please bow your heads in reverence for the passing of the venerable old guard...

Thank you,

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

May his machine soul rest in peace and his physical parts be recycled into a quality product like he once was. Amen.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
      ...after 14 years of service, have retired it...
      I don't think "retire" is the right word.
      Anyway, Rest In Pieces.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
        May his machine soul rest in peace and his physical parts be recycled into a quality product like he once was. Amen.
        Amen to that :head bowed:
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

14 yo 19" CRT
          When screens were still mostly somewhat square
          The final curtain has come for thee
          And I can't rhyme

Rest peacesfully
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
            Amen
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Sorry to hear. And I'm typing this on my IBM model M buckling spring keyboard that I bought in 1993, and which I've used nearly everyday since then. Even for gaming.

Comment

Working...
              X