Oh no! What's up at Aureal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

MX300 + WIN2k... augh... those beta drivers are still buggy and all and even cuts out on the music sometimes! what to do now? doesn't seem like they'll have more driver updates....

Comment

Sad to see them go down. Hope they get bailed out or bought out by someone good. I've always been an Ensoniq fan from back in the day and it was natural to move to Creative Labs when they bought Ensoniq. I do think that they need competition to keep their prices reasonable. I remember the AWE series being seriously overpriced.
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Sad, sad, sad!

And I was so looking foward to the SQ3500; Vortex2 and a DSP!

Mark F.

------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
          and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
          --------------------------------------------------
          OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
          and burped out a movie

Comment

...we must seek an immediate capital infusion to continue our business...
            I don't know about you people, but I see Creative Labs jumping on this one. Diamond just merged with S3, so I don't see them being able to buy out Aureal.

Creative Labs bought EMU for their professional audio chips (that are also used in the Live! cards) and Ensoniq for their PCI sound card technology and OEM deals. So Creative buying Aureal for their killer 3D sound technology would just seem like a logical step for Creative Labs. A3D 2.0 on the SB Live! anyone?

The only other company that I could see pull it of is Crystal Ware. For those not familiar with them, they are a very popular OEM sound card maker (Dell's main OEM sound card provider).

Jammrock

------------------
            Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 27 March 2000).]
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yep methinks so too
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

The tech rep at Aureal told that a s/w program called "Future Beat" was useful for sound effects for the Aureal vortex Super Q
                2500, is this bundled with the sound card. Future Beat was not on my SQ2500 installation Cd, where can I find this prog?

anybody have thoughts on the program?
                thanks

------------------
                "the horror....the horror..."

ABit BE6 II w/ Pentium3 500mhz
                Matrox G400 DH max
                Aureal Vortex SuperQuad2500
                19" PF790 Viewsonic (superb flat screen)
                19" Samsung 950p (amazing quality for the price)
                ACK 580 crdless k/b and mouse
                Panasonic 7585 CD RW 32x8x4
                Pioneer DVD 114 10x
                USR V90 ISA everything modem
                one big case fan and standard retail CPU cooling from Intel

Comment

Working...
                X