How many MCSE's out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alegria,

Your are correct if you are assuming a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, but that is not what I am looking for. In this scenario you can subnet the class C address and use part of the subnetted address for the serial link as well. Let's assume we have a 26 bit mask. That would give us an address on Host_A of 192.10.1.1 255.255.255.192 on subnet 0 and Host_B an address of 192.10.1.254 255.255.255.192 on subnet 192. We could then use subnet 64 or 128 for the serial lik and everyone is happy and can talk to eachother even though everyone is a class C address we were able to break it down to where everyone along the path are still on different networks.

Dave

------------------
    I can never think of a good signature...~

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Just passed, (Today!), a CheckPoint Firewall-1 CCSA and CCSE. The reason for sitting the test is the same reason I have a CNE and ASE namely so my company can become an authorised dealed for CheckPoint/Novell/Compaq etc. I had 8 years experience of setting up Novell Servers before doing the CNE, one of the guys I worked with already had a CNE but had only setup and managed one Server in his life! I would rather employ someone with experience in place of someone with bits of paper and no experience. Unfortunately lots of companies out there want pieces of paper and will not give you an interview without them. In other words bits of paper allow you to get the job whereas experience helps you do it! From my experience of interviewing people there is a shortage of good techies in the UK either that or i've just been very unlucky.
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Dave,

I think you question was a little unfair as you did not provide all the information. As you rightly explained it can be both yes and no depending on the subnet mask used. A lot of the questions on the exams I did today where like that so you could argue it's a good example
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Taz,

I don't think my question was unfair It was a valid general question with many answers. Alegria said the answer was 'NO' which is not correct since the answer is both yes and no as you have pointed out. The best answer would have been 'it depends'. Anyway, it's a fun question to ask people in interviews

added in after: I should also mention that these types of questions are very common in interviews and reveal many things about the interviewee.

Dave

------------------
          I can never think of a good signature...~

[This message has been edited by Helevitia (edited 15 April 2000).]
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
          X