Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please on retrieving Outlook Express email messages

HI all

When I reinstalled Win98 and IE5 accordingly, my IE5 got placed in a different folder along with Outlook Express from my previous install. But I had a few email messages in the old Outlook location, but now I cannot find them because of the re-install. Does Outlook have a "mail" storage folder like Netsscape does, so I can hunt down my outlook old-email messages since they are hidden somewhere in my computer.

thanks

------------------
    "The path of excess leads to the temple of knowledge"

ABit BE6 II UDMA 66 w/ PentiumIII 500mhz
    Matrox G400 DH 32 meg MAX
    Maxtor 13gig UDMA66 7200 Seagate 9gig UDMA33 7200
    SBlaster Live Mp3+ (with gold connectors and robot voice
    Aureal Vortex SuperQuad2500
    19" PF790 Viewsonic (superb flat screen)
    19" Samsung 950p (amazing quality for the price)
    ACK 580 crdless k/b and mouse
    Panasonic 7585 CD RW 32x8x4
    Pioneer DVD 114 10x40x
    USR V90 ISA everything modem
    one big case fan and standard retail CPU/HS cooling from Intel

You just need to use the import command under the File menu. Just point it to the dir where your old messages are and it'll get you set up. You do loose all newsgroup however, but that's not too bad.
    Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

Rick, read before you answer
      Does Outlook have a "mail" storage folder like Netsscape does, so I can hunt down my outlook old-email messages since they are hidden somewhere in my computer.
      Bongo: Isn't there a mail folder in the Windows directory? Otherwise check for the Outlook Express folder in Program Files.
      These mail things have a distinctive name, rxa or something alike (I always forget ).

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Try here
        C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\

That's the default location for storing mail. Least it has been on mine all the times I've reinstalled Windows. If they're somewhere else, the extension on the files should be .dbx

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 24 April 2000).]
        Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

Here we go again ...
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Xortam, you do the search this time... I'm lacking bandwidth

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

You guys rule!

But the crown this time goes to Rick!

The windows..identities folder did the trick...all my old messages were there and I imported them into my new outlook configuration..woohoo!

thanks again to those who helped...

bongo

Comment

Working...
              X