UDF-filesystem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDF-filesystem

I got this cd-writer, plextor 8x4x32 ide, and when i make a cd-rw i cant read it on a nt-4 machine.
    The writer is on a win98 machine.
    On the cd-rw there is a small readable section, with the installation files for UDF-file system, but it wont work on my nt-4, it works fine on other win9x systems.
    Is there a special version of UDF for nt or do i have to make the cd-rw in another way.

I think UDF is packet CD, yes?

If so, then I would think your writer would come with DirectCD or something similar - this will need to be installed in NT4. I'm going to be installing NT4 over the weekend (29/30th Apr) so I'll let you know if I get any problems with my writer.

HTH,

Paul.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

"This disc uses the UDF file system.

You are currently looking at the ISO 9660 part
      of this disc.

To read the content of this disc you have to
      install an UDF file system reader.

For Windows 95 please run the program 'AUTORUN.EXE'
      from the root directory of this disc."

This is the readme.txt in the readable part of the disk. Other files in this area is:
      autorun.exe
      autorun.inf
      c2udf.inf

Zaphod@work

Comment

Hi,
        this sounds like a missing PacketCD on the NT4 installation. You could try to install the PacketCD version for NT but since your NT machine probably does not contain a burner there would be another solution to this problem: Convert the CD-RW from UDF to ISO. This will not allow you to add files anymore unless you reformat the CD-RW (which makes you lose the contents) but it should be readable on any machine even without additional file system drivers.

Regards, Alegria

Hey Zaphod, I think you ought to know that I'm very depressed...
        (one of Marvin's famous quotes)

------------------
        The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
        Bob Dylan

The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
        Bob Dylan

Comment

Hi
          I tried installing the packetCD, supplied with the drive but it will not install on a NT-system.
          I went to the homepage of packetCD, where they descripe udf as a new file system to replace an iso standard.
          But packetCD is only available for w9x.
          This is the way i read it but if any off you can prove me wrong youre welcome.

Zaphod@work

Comment

I think that adaptec have a udf reader program. Check their website, also check www.cdrinfo.com .
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I think that adaptec have a udf reader program. Check their website, also check www.cdrinfo.com .
              I have the same burner, but I haven't installed nt4 as it's too problematic compared to win2k. BTW with the 1.07 firmware you can do RAW writing with CloneCD. That is you can back up even copy protected discs.
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

All I know when I tried installing the packet writing under NT4 ( Adaptec 4.5) it said that this isn't supported under NT.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Thanks Denty that hit the spot.
                  Adaptec has a udf reader(v1.03)and that works. Now i will have to try it on my old cdrom drive (creative 4xspeed) and see if that works and if it doesn't then to hell with that old drive.
                  That firmware thing sounds interesting but it will have to wait I dont really have the time right now.

Comment

You can get the Adaptec UDF reader here:
                    http://www.adaptec.com/support/advis...dfreaders.html

RAB
                    AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
                    X