Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband hits the UK

www.btopenworld.com

What do people think, it is certainly cheaper than I thought it would be. But the consumer version uses a USB "modem"...

Thoughts anyone

Sounds good, the only downside is that you are forced into using BT as your ISP!

I assume BT will offer reseller programs to the other major ISP's who aren't so restricted in the services they can offer.
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

To expensive thats all I can say.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It all sounds very impressive, but as The PIT says, £40-a-month is too expensive.

Also the coverage in the UK is poor, 70% by the end of 2001 sucks.

[This message has been edited by RoGuE (edited 27 April 2000).]

Comment

the USB Modem for the consumer version is probably a cost saving option by bt, but they also have seperated the consumer and business versions by how many computers you can hook up. Is there any way they can stop the comsumer version being shared accross a network?

Comment

They stated on their site that you can share a single PC connection (£40) across a network so the multi-PC option (£100) must be able to be connected to from multiple PC's directly - possibly with 512kbps each and extra POP mail accounts.

Paul.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
            X