FIC SD11 Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIC SD11 Motherboard

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the FIC SD11 Motherboard. I have heard bad things about it.

Yah, run fast away from that board, it is plagued with all sorts of problems. I hear there are better revisions of the board, but it's a crap-shoot getting the good one.

Rags

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Last month I´ve bought that board.
      Today I thought I´ll the cash for
      the CPU (about 700), but my f%&$§@g boss
      didn´t pass the bucks. "the 10th u´ll getit"
      AND NOW I READ THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!
      ...what´s up with that board &..&... ...
      ...help!

Comment

For many people this board works, but like myself I found it troublesome. This particular problem revolved around sporatically rebooting but not limited to that. With all the different types of memory I have, found even the best pc133 stuff didn't resolve the rebooting but did slightly improve it's stability. Since I was an early adopter, I tested all the then out boards and found the SD-11 to be a POS. But since that time FIC (ick) has resolved many issues with their BIOS and a respective fix for the rebooting issue. Even though most of my complaints have been resolved, this cost FIC (ick) a good share of the market and thus they have the cheapest priced SlotA MB out now.

Hopefully you won't encounter the issues I found and will have many good years putering to come.

------------------
        Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod.
        Anyone up for an Athlon800+? Email me (epc@netdirect.net) for more information

3000 mips, 1.172 gflops @ 900 mHz 1:3 latency w/ active cooling
        CPUmark99 75
        FPU Winmark 4890

3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41, Athlon@850mHz

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm...

I've heard all the roumers my self, even seen a few of them. However, I bought the damn thing in october last year and I gotta tell you, I have never had such a stable board! And I'm not replacing it before I can get my hands on a dual processor board.
          Grandted, I might have been lucky, but I am very pleased vith the board. But as Rags says, it is NOT the best board around these days. Try out the board, see how she feels and reacts to your most inner touches.

If she pukes all over the place, dump her. If she is stable, get ready for a joyride...

Ghydda - getting all sentimental...
          As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
          My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
          |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

I would like to introduce you all to my roommate Randall.... I didn't want to bother to bring it up to the top for this, but as long as someone else did it, I'm allowed...

Dimitri
            "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
            --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
            X