Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bongo surfing the Web with a Rocketship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bongo surfing the Web with a Rocketship!

It's like moving from a bicycle to a motorcycle...it's like drinking water from a dripping tap and then drinking water from a fire hydrant...it's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

Yes friends, lend me your ears...for magic occurred with technology for me yesterday...my local TelCO (after waiting for FIVE months!) installed a ADSL line into my house!

I am stunned at how fast these things are. I am getting over 80mbps per sec, as opposed to 4mbps per sec with my trusty old USR 56k. With DSL, it's like have the internet cached in my harddrive.

THAT IS A 2000% INCREASE IN SPEED!!

I just had to share this happy event with you all.

Charlie don't surf, he warps....ENGAGE.

bye all, AND YOU MUST GET ONE OF THESE!!!

------------------
    "The path of excess leads to the temple of knowledge"

ABit BE6 II UDMA 66 w/ PentiumIII 500mhz
    Matrox G400 DH 32 meg MAX
    Maxtor 13gig UDMA66 7200 Seagate 9gig UDMA33 7200
    SBlaster Live Mp3+ (with gold connectors and robot voice
    Aureal Vortex SuperQuad2500
    19" PF790 Viewsonic (superb flat screen)
    19" Samsung 950p (amazing quality for the price)
    ACK 580 crdless k/b and mouse
    Panasonic 7585 CD RW 32x8x4
    Pioneer DVD 114 10x40x
    USR V90 ISA everything modem
    one big case fan and standard retail CPU/HS cooling from Intel
    A 3COM HOME CONNECT ADSL WARPMODEM

[This message has been edited by bongo (edited 04 May 2000).]

You go boy!
    Welcome to the club!
    make your way to www.dslreports.com for tweeking & testing
    chuck

------------------
    ABit BF6, Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, Pioneer 104s DVD, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Linksys EtherFast NIC, LG 995e, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Thank you! I will check it out.

You know I wouldn't half this excited if I had real life...LOL...at least I'm not alone!

cheers

Comment

beep beep, dsl rules
        msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
        it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Well, you think you have it great now, but wait until it is all taken away from you.

I went from a T1 line when I lived in a dorm (super fast, everyone was 'my bitch' for about a year in quake2 ctf), to an adsl line at another place (it was no T1 line, but I wasn't complaining), and now I am sitting on a 33k connection. I don't even use the internet at my house anymore, it is a sad thing.

Once you go high speed fat bandwidth, you can never go back.

-joe

Comment

That's what I am very worried about right now... I have a 100Mbps internet connection right now, which gives pings of 14 in quake 3 on servers over 500 kilometers away, and download speeds of 700KBps on ftp servers over 2000 km away, and 2MBps on some servers in my own country (The Netherlands).

I am very worried what will happen when I have finished studying (my current connection is a university campus connection) and have moved to outside the campus. I will probably use the internet a LOT less, because I will get very frustrated of the speed, even on cable modems (I already am when I have to use them).

Comment

DZues-

Yes, you are right even on cable modem (or dsl in my case) you WILL stop playing online games as much. For me, this was a good thing, but if you are a serious gamer, it is going to suck. Then, going to a modem, I barely even bother anymore, mostly just email and buying shit.

Yes, the life of a 33k connection sucks, especially when you have tasted the wine of T1.

-joe

Comment

Working...
              X