Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And i also apologise my short temper .
    I'm starting to belive that i'm cursed when it comes to NIC's
    All the NIC's i ever have come in contact with has never liked to share IRQ's.

My Mainboard is a MSI 6163 with the latest bios rev 2.6.
    My graphics is a G400 DH 32 SGRAM (a nev one with AGP4 suppoert) with bios 1.5-22 PD5.06
    My soundboard is a SBLive Value (That's the realy old first released)with creatives w2k drivers
    Thats all the cards i have in my box at the moment
    I know that the SBlive and the G400 has no problem with sharing IRQ's as they shared the same under W98 before i spoted it!

The NIC is out of my system and will probably stay there.

The USB adapter is on it's way!
    I did only use the NIC to conect to a printer and ocasionaly bash my brother in Q2!
    I have soved my problem the brutal way!

Thanks for all Advices and criticisms!

I had a very funny evning finding out witch pci slot conected to wich IRQ (shuffle shuffle the pci boards=

------------------
    INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    256 MB RAM CAS2
    43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Have you tried running 2000 in ACPI mode vs NON? I have solved many a problem in NT5 by disabling ACPI on that computer. You do not have to reinstall 2000 to go from ACPI to standard. But you will have to reinstall 2000 to go from Standard to ACPI.
      C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Have you tried running 2000 in ACPI mode vs NON? I have solved many a problem in NT5 by disabling ACPI on that computer. You do not have to reinstall 2000 to go from ACPI to standard. But you will have to reinstall 2000 to go from Standard to ACPI.
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

geesh, This board is getting slower every day! Sorry for the double posts!
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

If you read my earlier messages you can se that i had no problems in NON APCI mode!
            Disabling APCI mode also disables soft off and hibernating on my machine (ie they are there but they don't work)

BTW
            you can delete dubbelpostings by editing them!

------------------
            INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
            SBlive
            256 MB RAM CAS2
            SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I'v got the one without onboard sound!
              (I hate MB's with everyting "integrated")

This MB is kind of flakey:
              MSI states that PCI 1,3,5 shares an IRQ and that PCI 1 and AGP shares the same IRQ (enginering at it's peek)
              While shuffling pci devices i found out that the BIOS don't back that up.
              PCI 2 and AGP seems to share and PCI 1,3,5 does not seem to share anything!

BTW:
              any one tested a USB-->RJ45 adapter?
              Hopefully i will have tested on by ths time tommorow!

(Microsoft seems to love integration - When are they gonna integrate a spelling checker in IE? i Seem to be needing one badly)

------------------
              INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
              SBlive
              256 MB RAM CAS2
              SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

Comment

Technoid,

We've tried explaining the deleting of double posts to Dosfreak before, it hasn't helped (grin!) so we just ignore it now.

MSI 6163? Ok, here's what a quick 30-second search found out about that board...

1. It has on-board audio. Have you 100% disabled that, both in the BIOS and in Windows?

2. MSI recommends that if your BIOS isn't working out for you, you should SWITCH to from AMI to AWARD, or vice-versa. ARE THEY HIGH? I wouldn't trust a BIOS update from these folks any further than I could throw them!

3. Do you have the 6163 or the 6163 Pro?
                - Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Got the Adapter and everything works!

Comment

Working...
                  X