No announcement yet.

Washing My FC-PGA CPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a H/S fan from 3dfxcool and in thier instructions was the use of CarbCleaner. (which I used and it worked great. I am in the sme process of removing my intel H/S and will be using acetone. Wow with 25$ plus of cooling I will get 2% performance increase!! Cooling and aftermarket H/S are way overvalued vs. performance. IMOHO

But I have to do it ,,,,,I have too

Comment

I hacen't had a problem yet getting the stock retail Intel HSF's gunk off with a cotton pad, isopropal )or some such) alcohol, and some elbo grease. For acetone just borrow some nail polish remover from a female (hopefull) GF/wife/etc.

Mark F.

------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
      --------------------------------------------------
      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
      and burped out a movie

Comment

Women put acetone on their fingernails? They make special gloves so you don't accidently get this stuff on your fingers, and women intentionally put it on their fingernails?

Go figure.

My mother used to claim "you have to suffer to be beautiful, but this seems a little extreme to me. I had a bad experience with acetone when I was a freshman in college. I woke up in the middle of the night with a screaming headache and difficulty breathing. I ran out into the suite, at the same time as the rest of my suitemates, who were all suffering from similar symptoms.

My roommate was in the common room, working on a scupture or something, with a guilty look on his face. I don't know if he spilled it or mixed with something, but it was BAD. One of my suitemates mumbled something about acetone. We discussed killing him for a few minutes, and then went back to bed.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
        X