Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NETSCAPE caused an invalid page fault in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of three other possibilities that I have not seen mentioned above.
    1. Your kernel32 is corrupted.
    2. Netscape read a page that has the newest HTML codes in it, like those made by word 2000, and chokes. This happens on Coolboard system all the time
    3. Cascaded fatal errors, rolled over into netscape. IF you ever get a Invalid Page fault, Illegal Function call, or General Protection fault, all fatal errors, even though windows does not crash out, you should still restart the system to clear any junk in memory.

Heh, I thought of a couple more things to try, Use IE instead, or end task on everything other than systray and explorer, then connect to the internet and run Netscape, and see if the problem remains. If it does not, one of you TSR's is conflicting with the Netscape.

ShadowWeaver

------------------
    The weaver of shadows STRIKES
    The weaver of shadows STRIKES

Comment

Or clear out your disk and memory cache every so often inbetween surfing and restart NS.

Although I haven't had much of a problem lately. {rapidly knocking wood}

Jord.

------------------
      "What goes up, must come down..."
      "What goes in, must come out..."
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Interesting, I had a look at the properties for that file, (ADVERT.DLL), and it's description is "In-Software Advertising Plugin", the author is Aureate, the people responsible for Gozilla. Trying to rename the file with Gozilla closed but Netscape open failed so therfore it must be loaded by Netscape. I've now renamed it and will see what, if anything, happens.
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
        X