Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia crapping in their own nest?

http://www.hardocp.com/news_images/2...strongarm.html

Who knows how much truth is in it, but it's interesting all the same.

Cheers,

giskard.

The Bastards!!!

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Tell me when you see a Ford review on a Chevy site.
      I bet this guy did'nt get what he wanted from Nvidia and then made a big deal over a suggestion from Nvidia. If I worked there and had a relationship with the Webmaster I might ask him the same thing. Who knows what really went on? I do know that alott of Nvidia folks are paper Millionaires these days and that can change ones mental outlook. This guy might as well change his sites name.

[This message has been edited by LAMFDTK (edited 07 July 2000).]

Comment

They've killed Kenny!

It's about Ross V over at Riva3D.com, he has a little writeup on it if you're nterested. Basically, some NVIDIA rep give with the left hand and took away with the right when he learned had a V5 review on his site, then lied about it when called on it. Sounds like a paranoid PR dude overreacting. This is one of the main NVIDIA fan sites as well, been around for ages. Whether you think it was a valid action or not, it was a stupid move PR wise, yeah, let's get a popular fellow with a following pissed over some silly review, we could use the bad publicity. I think they should be fired for stupidity, if nothing else. The correct action would be to let this one go and say that in the future no more cards would be forthcoming because it is their policy to not give cards to sites that favourably review competitor's products. As it stands they don't have yet another positive review of their card on the web and they have a guy pissed off at them who can make a stink about it. Stupid from just about all angles.

Comment

It saddens me to see how competition has changed the computer business over the years. Hype and unethical manipulation have always been there to some degree (IBM taught everyone) but have really skyrocketed in the last 15 years. I appreciate the incentives that have driven the business in this direction, but the benifits of furious competition have their costs. As Norm (from the old TV show "Cheers") says, "Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milk Bone boxers". Eventually, everyone gets a chance to feel like Norm.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
          X