Good Anti Virus S/W for win2000 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Anti Virus S/W for win2000 ??

what do u guys use as AV with win2000 pro ?
    I have the retail version of McAfee ver.4.03 for both WIn9x and WinNT .. can they work under win2k ?
    GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Symantec has a 30 trial of Norton's AntiVirus 2001 out. Mine's about to expire but I'll wait for the new SystemWorks version for Win2000 before I upgrade. One solution if you dual boot and don't have any NTFS partitions is to boot into 98 and run an older version of NAV, seems to work ok for me.
    Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

NAV2000 is designed to work in Win2k. Personally, I recommend Symantec for AV software. I've had the best experience with them historically as far as detection/deletion/recovery/prevention. I have had less success with McAfee in the same areas. I personally find McAfee to be a pain to set up and manage effectively, and find it to be less reliable.

There is other software, though, that you might want to check into, such as Dr Soloman. Haven't used it, but some seem to like it.

b
      Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

I've used mcafee at work under win2k and eventually took it off. At home I use Nortons and never had a problem with it.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

thanx for the reply guys .. i'll try to get a trial of norton2000 and try it.
          Rick : thanx for the tip .. i'm dual booting and using FAT, and scan from within 98.
          GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Working...
          X