Kings Of Vapourware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gurm:
    And some of us are of Finnish extraction. However, the last time BitBoys released anything was in 1992, and that was a demo for a game that never got released.

Yes, they theoretically thought up EMBM. However, they have promised a 3D chip for years and years now, ever since the first Voodoo chip hit the stores, and still we see NOTHING. It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

The WORST part is that they are trashing their own reputations so hard that if they DO release a chip at any point nobody will take it (or them) seriously anyway!

- Gurm

you're right... Couple corrections if you don't mind...
    1. In 1992 Future Crew Released Demo called Second Reality and It was DEMO only. There shouldn't be any game at all. Now half of the Future Crew is now working as BitBoys and second half of them is known as Remedy Entertainment. (Death Rally, ANYONE played this one? OR Max Payne?) So these guys really can do things. And Everyone is asking why Max Payne will be never finished? In Finland ppl, think that Max Payne is going to be that "killer app" (like Tomb Raider was for Voodoo1) which runs best with Glaze3D. (This is also rumour, Nothing is official.)

2. That chip which was competive with Voodoo 1 was that Pyramid3D and you can read from my previous post what happened to it. Glaze3D is totally different project which started over a year later.

3. if you didn't knew this before; at the moment they have only 10 employees (compare that to Nvidia which has got M A N Y. ) so maybe this fact has something to do with their processing speed. Now they have good Funding and they are hiring more people. So if you know something about ASIC Design and need a job, please contact www.bitboys.fi or www.bitboys.com

And my own comment: My hope was dying in last spring, but I decided try once more. I took my M$ Outlook Expre$$ and wrote an email to Mika Tuomi at BitBoys. And Suprisingly I got an answer. I would love to cut 'n paste it here, but it isn't in english so I have to try translate it first. BUT THEY REPLIED and it means that they still care about their 'upcoming' customers and that gives some hope.
    "Dippadai"

Comment

Btw, our copy of PC Format came in a couple of days ago, and they have Max Payne listed among the games we'll be playing this Christmas.....

I know the whole BitBoysOy thing looks bad, but there must be some reason someone bought a nice chunk of stock....

I do think they will come up with a product someday... I just hope it won't be the 'Daikatana' of video cards....

-----------------------
      Holly

Comment

Perhaps someones going to buy them out if you mean by stock as in shares that is.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ahh... my apologies. In retrospect it was the former members of Triton, not Future Crew that released the demo of "Into The Shadows", which was pure vapor from start to finish.

My bad.

- Gurm

------------------
          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by HollyBerri:
            Btw, our copy of PC Format came in a couple of days ago, and they have Max Payne listed among the games we'll be playing this Christmas.....

I know the whole BitBoysOy thing looks bad, but there must be some reason someone bought a nice chunk of stock....

I do think they will come up with a product someday... I just hope it won't be the 'Daikatana' of video cards....

Suprisingly, it was promised to last xmas by magazines. Remedy says that it will be released when it is finished. ( Guess what Mika Tuomi (from Bitboys) replied when I asked about Glaze3D Release date? He used even excatly same words as Remedy in their Max Payne FAQ. )

Who lives, will see...
            "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
            X