Linksys Router & ICQ Active Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linksys Router & ICQ Active Lists

I'm trying to setup a ICQ Active List behind my Linksys firewall. Up to this point I haven't had any luck. Users can see that the active list is online, but no one can join/send a request for membership.

Currently I have it using a dynamic port and "I am behind a firewall or proxy" enabled.

Has anybody set one up behind a firewall? If so, what ports were forwarded, what settings did you use in the active list, etc?

Hey ISO,

In the manual and on the Linksys website, it reads

Does the cable/DSL router support ICQ send file?
    Yes, with the following fix:
    ICQ menu -> preference -> connections tab -> check "I am behind a firewall or proxy", and set the firewall timeout to 80 seconds in firewall setting. The internet user can then send a file to the user behind a router.

I'm sure you've already done exactly the above, but for the settings of my router, I don't use any port forwarding or DMZ. This goes for the same with a few other friends of mine who own a Linksys cable/DSL router.

My ICQ contact list settings are set to "My authorization is required". Up till now, I haven't had any problems using ICQ behind the router. There were a couple problems when I activated the DMZ feature when ICQ was set to operate behind a firewall/proxy.

------------------
    Regards,

Ben

Config: Abit BE6-II r1, PIII 700E@933, 256MB PC133 RAM (CAS2), SB Live!, Intel 82558 10/100 Net Adapter, IBM 13.5 GXP IDE HD, Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Host Adapter, Quantum Atlas III 9.1GB U2W SCSI HD, Yamaha 4416S writer, Pioneer 36X SCSI CD-ROM, Matrox G400MAX (Yeah!), Viewsonic PS790 and E771, Win98SE and NT4
    Regards,

Ben

Config: Abit BE6-II r1, PIII 700E@933, 256MB PC133 RAM (CAS2), SB Live!, Intel 82558 10/100 Net Adapter, IBM 13.5 GXP IDE HD, Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Host Adapter, Quantum Atlas III 9.1GB U2W SCSI HD, Yamaha 4416S writer, Pioneer 36X SCSI CD-ROM, Matrox G400MAX (Yeah!), Viewsonic PS790 and E771, Win98SE and NT4

Comment

thanks for the reply. however, an active list server is an independent plug-in for icq. it has its own settings, and they aren't as detailed as the icq 2000a settings =(

thanks anyways

Comment

Working...
      X