No announcement yet.

Copper Spacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermal pads help prevent cleaving the edge of the slug. Altho they don't conduct heat as well as standard compound (due to thickness). I would remove it and use Artic Silver or other high quality thermal compound.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe ... Among other things, I was trying to confirm that the term delta/T was equivalent to "the ratio of the temperature change to the change in distance from the zero plane". It seems this is correct as you also state that "delta/T has to do with thermal losses within a medium". I understand that geometry is important as far as maximizing the surface area in such a way that maximizes the convection properties of the HS. e.g. fins are good. Does anyone know of any web sites with photos showing the application of these spacers? Thanks for trying to answer some of my questions. I don't want to bore the audience too much. I guess I'll have to do a little research to get a more exacting and complete explanation. Maybe my ancient CRC reference book will have some answers. I'll do some net searching and see what I can find. Inquiring minds want to know.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Man would a thermal imaging camera come in handy right now! To see the hot spots in the cooling system would be so helpful in describing exactly what I'm talking about

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X