No announcement yet.

Computer Case Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the equivalent to the 7896. I run my ribbon cables (SCSI, IDE, ATA66, floppy) between the case sides and the side rails, not up though the center. Air flow is no problem.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 26 September 2000).]

Comment

Lite On FS020 definately
      its a monster of a case with excellent airflow and its just plain cool!
      the drive rails kick booty and the hard drive mounting is great and keeps all my drives nice and cool
      it acomodates 3 120 MM case fans stock, though you can mod the from for 2X92MM case fans, so that gives you 2 92 MM's and 2 120's.
      heres a quick pic from there site:
      if you need one of these, contact the owner of coolcases.com via e-mail(the site ain't finished yet, so you have to contact him personally he's a great guy to deal with and will answer all your questions)
      if you have any questions about this case, i can also answer most of them if you do not wish to contact jim hanson at coolcases.com

Comment

woopsie, forgot to include the manufacturers web site: http://www.liteonenclosure.com/products/fs020/fs020.htm

Comment

I also have a Lite-On case. Its a mid-tower that I use along with an external 4-bay SCSI case. Its quite rugged and well-designed for conventional air flow and controlling noise emissions. It was sold as an Intel Xeon case. I compared its design with the Intel reference for case design and found it measured up admirably. The 120mm fans (front intake, rear exhaust) are a bit noisy, but I'm confident that it will handle my future cooling needs.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

i realy like In-win! you can see difrent models at www.in-win.com
            I had a A500 midi-tower, but the power PS was only at 235watt, now i have brought a Q500 high tower with a 300watt PS! it's realy good quality, and the towers looks great! they make their own power suplies called "Power man", Aopen buy's In-win PS' to put into their cases!

*kUmSE*

------------------
            Athlon T-bird 750mhz
            128 megs ram PC133
            Asus A7V
            G400MAX (not o/c)
            Eizo F55s
            PLexwriter + Ultraplex cd-drive!
            SCSI hd's...
            Athlon Thunderbird@ 918mhz
            128 megs ram PC133
            Asus A7V
            G400MAX (not o/c)
            Eizo F55s
            PLexwriter + Ultraplex cd-drive!
            SCSI hd's...

Comment

I have an HX08 and I love it. Great case, VERY roomy, and if you go to the trouble(which I haven't yet) it can be rigged to have good air flow.

Check out some of the reviews at Arstechnica, they've reviewed some mighty good cases over time. http://arstechnica.com/reviews/cases.html

Although, just this past weekend I was out of town visiting family, and my uncle had just bought a new case in which to build a new computer. That thing was a piece of art I tell you. Check this thing out. http://www1.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1215
              This thing has a huge 120mm fan in the front of the case. Loud it may be, but it was a very nice case, and the cooling(obviously) was very good.
              Primary System:
              MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
              120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
              Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
              Seccondary System:
              Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
              3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
              Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
              Tertiary system
              Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
              Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I also have a 1year old AOpen HX-08 case but I find it cramped between the PS and the 5 1/4 bays. I wish it was an inch deeper. It doesn't have an exhaust fan behind the CPU but I'm sure that can be fixed. The case is sturdy and If I recall correctly, it was very reasonably priced.
                Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Thanks Everyone! Definately helped me nail down what I wanted from a case.

I've narrowed it down to the California PC Full Tower (Probably Black):
                  http://www.calpc.com/html/full_tower.html

or

under recommendation from Jim Hanson at coolcases.com - the Genie C990 from Area:
                  http://www.areasys.com/Products/SysCase/c990.html

I'll let you know

Comment

Just received the Areasys Genie C990 from Coolcases.com.

The case kick A$$... to put it mildy

A world of difference in comparison to my Addtronics 6890a.

BTW, Jim Hanson at Coolcases.com is the guy to speak to if you can't decide on a case

Thanks for all your help again!

Comment

Working...
                    X