Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and BNC cable trouble

Hello,
    in order to get the best out of my G400 and Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410 I just bought a BNC cable. But unfortunately the screen just stays terribly green, as if I didn´t connect the blue line of the BNC cable, but I did. I tried the "sync on green" option of the Vision Master, but it didn´t help, I have connected the cable like the manual told me.
    The on screen menu of the monitor is blue just as normal, so the monitor is okay.

Is there any general problem when using a G400 with a BNC cable ? Has anyone a hint for me ?

Malte

No problem using BNC cable (I use one on my Max). The first obvious thing to try is another cable.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Malte:

You got a bad BNC cable. Return it and ask for replacement. It happened to me a couple times. You get what you paid for if you are looking for cheap BNC cable.

Comment

I don't have any probs with my cable. Believe it or not, Monster Cable makes an awesome BNC cable for computers. I got mine at The Good Guys.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

It happened to me a couple times. You get what you paid for if you are looking for cheap BNC cable.
          Well...I´m convinced now... I´ll buy a more expensive cable in the hope it´ll be much better :-)But one thing I can´t understand: how the hell can someone sell crap that doesn´t work *at all* ?

Comment

You can measure pin to pin and them against ground to insure no obivious problems with a reg multimeter. There are test boxes designed to do this also but they are geared toward production and or tech support and are priced accordingly (high).

I have a good but inexpensive ($20) bnc cable thats works perfect with my G200, G400Max and my G450 If you can't find a cheaper (price wise) alternative to the MonsterCable then I'd go with that.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Helevitia: is there a noticable difference between using a bnc cable vs using an plain vga cable?

my current unisys monitor at home (which by no means compares to the 22" trinitron i have at work) supports both bnc and the d-sub

Comment

I didn't notice any difference in the vibrancy and/or the colors in any way shape or form, but what I did notice the difference on is that I no longer have overlapping colors in the top right corner of my screen. This is the second bnc cable I've tried and the first one wasn't any different. I would say it wasn't really worth the money but more of a fun factor thing. When it comes to quality however, I like to get every last inkling out of my puter which is why I chose to go bnc.

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

When I got my Iiyama monitor, the D-SUB cable was faulty and my screen kept going blue.

I called Iiyama, and they sent me out a BNC cable free of charge as a replacement.

Just something to bear in mind
                  Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

Working...
                  X