Which 21" Monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 21" Monitor?

OK, I just found out that I can spend $1200 on a 21" monitor. I really don't like Sony's as they all seem too dark to me. What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Hello !

I don´t now about what u all think is good
    if I had money to a 21" I would buy a Nokia!!!
    but the hitachi 19" is a test winner. But It dosen´t need to be that on the 21" =)

Hey you all leasy people dosen´t you think a Nokia is good ?
    Feed me !

Comment

Nokia's monitor division is gone; sold off to Viewsonic who in turn seem to have stopped making high end CRTs altogether (where'd the 817 go?).

If there is a better monitor available than the 22" Iiyama VM Pro 510 (less than $950 at www.neutronet.com), I'd like to hear about it myself.

Comment

NightSide,

Ashley is right, Nokia sold there monitor division to ViewSonic. And Ashley, yeah, what's up with that? I go to ViewSonic's page and the P817 doesn't exist anymore. Where'd it go? The PF815 looks nice, any opinions on that monitor? I'll check out the Iiyamas.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I always thought my NEC delivered the best colors and image. I've had the 5FG for a number of years and I still have people comment on the great image. Don't know what NEC is up to now but you should check them out. Buying a monitor is like buying a TV ... sometimes its more important to directly compare the images versus pouring over specs.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Hi Helevitia,

I own 2 Iiyama's, VM PRO 510 and VM PRO 450.
            Both are excellent monitors.

Hein.
            System1:
            Asus P4T533, Pentium IV 3,06GHz, 512MB SAMSUNG Rimm 4200, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 20GB, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 60Gb, MATROX PARHELIA, MATROX RTX100, ULTRAPLEX 40MAX, PLEXWRITER 12/10/32S, 2 x IIYAMA Vision Master Pro510

System2:
            ASUS P4T533, Pentium IV 3,06 GHz, 512 MB SAMSUNG Rimm 4200, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 20GB, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 60Gb, SAPPHIRE 9800XT, CREATIVE AudigyII, ULTRAPLEX 40MAX, PLEXWRITER 40/12/40S, 2 x IIYAMA Vision Master Pro510

Comment

The Iiyama 510 look very nice. It is definitely a consideration. I was alos looking at NECs and came across this one:

http://www.necmitsubishi.com/product...token=69307196

Comment

The NEC specs look nice but I haven't been shopping for monitors for at least six years. I like that it has area convergence as well as basic convergence controls but maybe this is common now. For 30% more cash you could pop for the FP1370 which will do a max of 2048 x 1536 @ 55 to 80 Hz vs. the FP1350 which will do 1920 x 1440 @ 55 to 76 Hz.
                Again, the best thing to do is go out and look at monitors side by side (driven by same graphics card) and see how they look. Play with the controls to tweak the image and see how you like the controls. Pick your favorites and check them out at another store (different setup and lighting conditions). Take your time. You should get the best you can afford because you will be looking at it quite a bit for hopefully many, many years (through many PC systems).
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Ok ! But hey guys I did my BEST ;=)

Feed me !

Comment

Buy a 17" LCD Screen. Smaller screen, but the image quality is superior.

Comment

Not for gaming, if that's a consideration.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Why not for gaming?

Comment

Because I've seen LCD's really blur out when there is lots of fast movement/changes on the screen.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hmm.. i just find it strange that high-end 3d video cards have DVI outputs for screens that can't reproduce the image accurately.

From my experience on laptops, using UT at 640x480, I really can't say that I see any blur.

I wish I had a 19" LCD to compare to my Sony G400, but $3000 is bit much just for a comparison

Comment

You'll never believe this, but I opted for the Sony G500. After looking a different monitors around my work, the Sony seems to be superior in quality and features. It did seem a tad dark, but it wasn't enough to bother me.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X