X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia news

Saw this info over at insane hardware:

http://www.insanehardware.com/scoopage.php?i=18

Seems the NV20/GF3 will be on the shelves sometime between February 27-March 21.

That will make 4 product cycles released from nvidia since Matrox released the G400

4? Let's see we have the GeSpot and GeSpot2, now the NV20. Where's the fourth?

Rags

Comment

That's one wussie looking heatsink. It may do the job well, but it looks wussie.

I'll wait until I can see a G800 before I pass any judgement on what card will next grace my computer.

Jammrock

------------------
      Athlon 650
      256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
      87 GB storage from WD & IBM
      Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
      SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
      Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
      Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The ultra was the product released for the 3rd cycle

Comment

I don't consider a faster core part of a new product cycle.. sorry! Just like I don't consider the G400 Max and the G400 as being a different product cycle. And I don't care what nVidia calls it!

Comment

Ok, 3 truly new products.

Speaking of that, how many has ATI released in that time?

Was rage128 released before/after g400?

Comment

Okay, if you call the ultra a product of its own, then Matrox has had the G400, The G400 Max, the G250, The G200 MMS, The G450, The G400 Marvel, The G450 ETV, and the RT 2000

Rags

Comment

The original Rage128 boards (Magnum, Fury) were released a few months before the G400, but they were months late. Technically, the redundantly but appropriately named Rage Fury was supposed to be a generation behind the G400. It's competition was supposed to be the TNT.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I heard that very same rumor some weeks ago as well and i will admit that while my Gts still handles any game out there with ease,i am curious as too how the new one will perform.

But only because if i do decide to go with the nv20,i'll be able to buy it at cost... .

A friend of mine started working at Guillemot(owns hercules)a few months ago and they have a employee purchase program where anyone who works there can buy anything Guillemot makes at cost(usually about 40% below retail price).

He bought himself a GF2 ultra for about 400$ can(250 us),which is hercules cost price for the card.

Considering that i can still sell my card for 250 can(already have a buyer... )and that hercules cost price of the nv20 will probably hover the around the 450$ can mark.

It means that the NV20 ends up costing me less that the retail price of a G450.

Tempting isn't it... .
                  note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                  P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

It pays to know people, but other times...
                    I bought my Annihilator 2 back in late May for $247 from Buy.com. My friend's employee cost on it from Best Buy was 249

Comment

Working...
                    X