Memory question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory question

Well it looks like my 2 128MB sticks are starting to crap out on me..I'm getting a VMM errors and when I reboot sometimes the regeistery checker says I'm regeistry is damaged and needs to repair it. My question is that I want to goto a single 256MB Micron Memory Stick to replace everything. I went to Microns web site and they don't have a 256mb Stick listed for my BH6, so I'm a bit leary of ordering one. Has anyone have any problems with using a 256mb stick in their BH6?

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Is it possible that your errors are due to a hard drive ailment rather than physical memory?

Not sure about your 256 question, though.

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

It might be but from what I've seen most times that the Registry gets corrupted its the system memory. I'll check the HD out to see if theres any problems. I haven't had any typical HD problems with my WD Drive..yet!

Scott

------------------
      Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

You could try one of the memory testers that can be found on www.tweakfiles.com !

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
        X